Modern society has something 50-70 years ago didn’t exist – chronic weight struggle and obesity. It’s amazing how lifestyle, food quality and mental health affect such an important aspect of our well being – health and appearance.
Women all over the world fight calories and follow restrictive diets. But what if there is a way to live happily ever after with the body you’ve always wanted?
In UAE the foundation of all international cuisines is… animal products. Mainly. So stay with us and we’ll let you know how to:
- Stop gaining weight.
- How to lose excess water and fat.
- How to stop cravings (especially for sugar).
What is Keto diet?
Keto diet is a trendy way of eating – men and women are all over it. But why? When you are on a keto diet your food intake consists of mainly healthy fats (60-70%), protein (20-30%), carbohydrates (5-10%). 5% to 10% of carbs means that you can eat up to 50 grams of carbs. Some stricter versions of this diet go below 20 grams of carbs per day.
Foods which are keto friendly:
- Fish and seafood;
- Dairy products;
- Oils and butters;
- Tahini and all nut butters;
- Alternative flour – almond and coconut;
- Nut milks;
- All veggies which are low carb – greens, cucumbers, tomatoes, cabbage, brussels sprouts, broccoli, cauliflower, zuccinies and much more.
Foods to avoid: pasta, sweets and ice cream, bread, starches, beans and legumes, sugar, soda drinks, alcohol (except for red wine – 1 glass once a few nights). In general – all foods that contain high carbs and sugars.
The best thing about keto diet is that you can eat out without feeling restricted – all restaurants provide meals with meat, dairy products, healthy fats and eggs. If a portion consists of garnish with rice, potatoes or beans – just switch it for fresh, steamed or grilled veggies.
It’s easy to follow keto diet.
The science behind ketogenic diet?
Keto works because it leads you to a state called ketosis – when your body starts using your fat storage for energy. Your body will tap into ketosis with individual temps – all people are different and they all need different time. When your body uses up all of its carb stores it will be forced to produce ketones and use them for energy.
First you will lose your water weight as carbs make your body retain water so they can be stored. With consistency you can teach your body to function in a different way – producing and using ketones instead of carbs.
Have in mind that during this ‘adaptation’ period you will experience some side effects which will go away when your body gets used to this new way of eating: low energy levels, muscle cramps, bad breath, mental fog, weight plateu and more.
Don’t be afraid or discouraged – these symptoms go away and then you’ll feel better than ever: more energy, weight loss, no cravings for sugary foods, fullness after a meal, increased metabolism.
What women should know about keto diet?
Many women start keto diet with the strictest guidelines that can ever exist. This leads to hormonal changes, awful transformation period and many side effects. Women should understand that they are lead by their cycles and should never push their bodies to the limits.
When you start with keto – start slowly. First week have 3 to 5 keto days and then get a rest – include some moderate amount of carbs. Increase the keto days gradually until you feel comfortable to do full keto diet. Women in menopause are even more sensitive to lifestyle changes.
If you’re over 49 years-old maybe try Intermittent fasting (12 to 14 hours) + Keto.
This will help you alter your metabolism. During menopause women tend to lose muscle mass, have lower needs for energy and their bodily functions slow down. This givse you the opportunity to save energy – have a fasting window for 12 to 14 hours. For these hours consume only water, tea or coffee. When your fasting window stops then tap into your eating window (12-10 hours depending on the length of the fasting window). During this period eat fats and protein with up to 50 grams of carbs. But don’t force it. Be kind to your body!
You will see amazing results.
How to accelerate fat loss?
In addition to your new way of eating you can try:
- Walking or training – always make sure to stay active and take care of your body. Physical activity helps you use energy and strengthen your heart and muscles. It helps you get into ‘ketosis’ faster.
- Drink water – a keto diet makes you drink more water than usual. You will definitely feel dryness in your mouth so make sure to always have a bottle of water around you.
- Get electrolytes and vitamins – during a keto diet the body loses some minerals and salts due to increased ‘pee time’. Thus make sure to get some electrolytes with your water. Infuse it with a pinch of salt, pepper or get some vitamins infusion.
- Try fat reduction with non-invasive treatment – such as SculpSure. It’s a great treatment that heats fat and makes it go away forever. One session is enough to see some results (up to 25% fat loss). Learn more about SculpSure.
- Get rid of cellulite with Vela Shape 3 – cellulite is accompaning side effect of sedentary life and bad food choices. It’s very hard to remove but thanks to modern aesthetics, you can make it go away. Learn more about Vela Shape 3.
In the next article we’ll introduce you the idea of Intermittent Fasting – a way of eating for achieving fast metabolism, increased mind concentration, increased energy levels, faster fat burn and improved health. Stay tuned!
Need consultation for weight loss treatments?
Call us right now! +971 55 454 1545