Modern society has something 50-70 years ago didn’t exist – chronic weight struggle and obesity. It’s incredible how lifestyle, food quality, and mental health affect such an essential aspect of our well-being – health and appearance.
Women all over the world fight calories and follow restrictive diets. But what if there is a way to live happily ever after with the body you’ve always wanted?
In UAE, the foundation of all international cuisines is… animal products. Mainly. So stay with us, and we’ll let you know how to:
- Stop gaining weight.
- How to lose excess water and fat.
- How to stop cravings (especially for sugar).
What is the Keto diet?
A Keto diet is a smart way of eating – men and women are all over it. But why? When you are on a keto diet, your food intake consists of mainly healthy fats (60-70%), protein (20-30%), carbohydrates (5-10%). 5% to 10% of carbs means that you can eat up to 50 grams of carbs. Some stricter versions of this diet go below 20 grams of carbs per day.
- Fish and seafood;
- Dairy products;
- Oils and butter;
- Tahini and all nut butter;
- Alternative flour – almond and coconut;
- Nut milk;
- All veggies are low carb – greens, cucumbers, tomatoes, cabbage, brussels sprouts, broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, and much more.
Foods to avoid: pasta, sweets and ice cream, bread, starches, beans and legumes, sugar, soda drinks, alcohol (except for red wine – 1 glass once a few nights). In general – all foods contain high carbs and sugars.
The best thing about the keto diet is that you can eat out without feeling restricted – all restaurants provide meals with meat, dairy products, healthy fats, and eggs. If a portion consists of garnish with rice, potatoes, or beans – switch it for fresh, steamed, or grilled veggies.
It’s easy to follow keto diet.
The science behind ketogenic diet?
Keto works because it leads you to a state called ketosis – when your body starts using your fat storage for energy. Your body will tap into ketosis with individual temps – all people are different, and they all need other times. When your body uses all of its carb stores, it will be forced to produce ketones and use them for energy.
First, you will lose your water weight as carbs make your body retain water to be stored. With consistency, you can teach your body to function differently – producing and using ketones instead of carbs.
Keep in mind that during this ‘adaptation period, you will experience some side effects which will go away when your body gets used to this new way of eating: low energy levels, muscle cramps, bad breath, mental fog, weight plateau, and more.
Don’t be afraid or discouraged – these symptoms go away, and then you’ll feel better than ever: more energy, weight loss, no cravings for sugary foods, fullness after a meal, increased metabolism.
What should women know about the keto diet?
Many women start the keto diet with the strictest guidelines that can ever exist. This leads to hormonal changes, an awful transformation period, and many side effects. Women should understand that they are led by their cycles and never push their bodies to the limits.
When you start with keto – start slowly. The first week has 3 to 5 keto days and then rest-including some moderate amount of carbs. Increase the keto days gradually until you feel comfortable to do a complete keto diet. Women in menopause are even more sensitive to lifestyle changes.
If you’re over 49 years-old maybe try Intermittent fasting (12 to 14 hours) + Keto.
This will help you alter your metabolism. During menopause, women tend to lose muscle mass, have lower needs for energy, and their bodily functions slow down. This allows you to save energy – have a fasting window for 12 to 14 hours. For these hours, consume only water, tea, or coffee. When your fasting window stops, tap into your eating window (12-10 hours depending on the length of the fasting window). During this period, eat fats and protein with up to 50 grams of carbs. But don’t force it. Be kind to your body!
You will see excellent results.
How to accelerate fat loss?
In addition to your new way of eating, you can try:
- Walking or training – always make sure to stay active and take care of your body. Physical activity helps you use energy and strengthen your heart and muscles. It enables you to get into ‘ketosis’ faster.
- Drink water – a keto diet makes you drink more water than usual. You will feel dryness in your mouth, so make sure to always have a bottle of water around you.
- Get electrolytes and vitamins – during a keto diet. The body loses some minerals and salts due to increased ‘pee time’. Thus make sure to get some electrolytes with your water. Infuse it with a pinch of salt, pepper or get some vitamins infusion.
- Try fat reduction with non-invasive treatment – such as SculpSure. It’s an excellent treatment that heats fast and makes it go away forever. One session is enough to see some results (up to 25% fat loss). Learn more about SculpSure.
- Get rid of cellulite with Vela Shape 3 – cellulite is an accompanying side effect of sedentary life and wrong food choices. It’s tough to remove, but you can make it go away, thanks to modern aesthetics. Learn more about Vela Shape 3.
In the following article, we’ll introduce you to the idea of Intermittent Fasting – a way of eating for achieving fast metabolism, increased mental concentration, increased energy levels, faster fat burn, and improved health. Stay tuned!
Need consultation for weight loss treatments?
Call us right now! +971 50 400 5666