Hair tattoo is also known as Scalp Micropigmentation. It’s becoming more and more popular due to the terrible statistics globally. Hair loss is considered a self-esteem suppressor nowadays, although this condition is relatively common – studies have shown that.
65% of all men see notable hair loss by the age of 35.
Quite a significant percentage, right?
Other studies say that 60% of men with hair loss share prefer to have hair more than money and friends. These studies help us see how people feel about their hair. In some cultures, hair symbolizes strength. Imagine how a man would think if he experiences hair loss – as if he is losing his powers.
Thankfully, modern medical aesthetics have multiple solutions for returning hair growth or rebuilding hair image. Today we’ll talk about Scalp Micropigmentation, and we’ll explain what it is and what it isn’t.
#1 Scalp Micropigmentation is not a hair regrowth treatment
Treatments like PRP, Mesotherapy, hair fillers (Dr. CYJ), or hair growth factor (EGF) are designed to boost hair growth. They nourish the follicles and stimulate blood flow to the scalp. After a few sessions (depending on the chosen therapy), the patient sees 30-40% hair regrowth. The best results we’ve seen are those from combinations of hair regrowth treatment. For example:
- PRP + Mesotherapy;
- PRP + Mesotherapy + Dr. CYJ;
- PRP + Dr. CYJ;
- PRP + EGF.
Scalp Micropigmentation on the other hand, is different: it uses tattoo ink to create an illusion of hair follicles. It’s a perfect solution for men who have decided to embrace buzz cut or razor short hairstyles. They don’t have to worry about maintenance – a hair tattoo takes care of it.
The benefits of SMP are pretty impressive:
- Better cost in contrast of hair regrowth treatments of hair transplant;
- Long-lasting – years or even decades;
- Completely safe – no side effects for your health;
- 100% results – there is no wondering if your hair will grow and how much. You get a visible effect immediately.
Additional benefit: SMP covers successfully scars on scalp due to hair transplant or injury.
#2 Scalp Micropigmentation (hair tattoo) is suitable also for women
Hair treatments sometimes are taboo for women (even for men at times). There is an explanation for this, too: women tend to lose their hair when to medications, medical illness, infection, or aggressive chemicals. Genes play an insignificant role. Experts consider female baldness as a consequence of a health condition, not a cause.
On the other hand, women with thin hair make their scalp appear pretty transparent. In these cases, it might be due to a lifestyle issue or just a type of hair. They can use masks, oils, or therapy, switch to a healthier diet, and undergo psychotherapy to deal better with their emotions. Moreover, these actions will help them grow thicker hair and make it look firmer, fuller, and healthier.
In both situations, SMP successfully masks the gaps on the scalp. Moreover, the technique fills them with tiny dots that can make the hair appear fuller.
Trends for women scalp micropigmentation: It’s a common request from women to have their hairline tattooed. It’s a great way to bold the hairline and make it look more defined.
Necessary: Before deciding on hair regrowth or scalp micropigmentation, always consult an experienced doctor or aesthetician. They will give you the best options for your goals.
#3 Hair tattoo is long-lasting
Although the treatment is called “semi-permanent”, it lasts for a long time. Once it’s done with regular touch-ups every 1-3 years, you can have your SMP intact for years (10 years or even more). In the beginning, you might have 2-3 or even four visits to your aesthetician until you reach your desired look.
The longevity of the tattoo also depends on your after-treatment care and lifestyle.
Short term aftercare:
- Three days after the treatment, you mustn’t wash or touch your scalp;
- During these three days, you should also avoid any situation in which you might provoke sweating: working out (cardio, weight lifting, or anything vigorous movement), SPA, stressful situation, sun exposure, etc.;
- On the 4th day, you can wash your scalp ONLY with water (no shampoo or soap);
- After the 4th day, you can also moisturize your scalp with hydrating creams or lotions;
- For the first 30 days, use sunscreen with 50 SPF.
Long term care:
- Avoid sun exposure. For males, it would be the easiest to use sunscreen. Ladies, on the other hand, should use umbrellas, hats or else protect their scalp;
- Use moisturizers for your scalp and permanently remove dead skin;
- Avoid using any products that contain alcohol. Always carefully check out the ingredients list;
- Every 1-3 years, go for a touch-up to refresh the tattoo. We always recommend yearly visits to the clinic to evaluate if you need one or come back next year.
By following these steps, you will be able to keep the results for even decades.
It’s free! Come at 7 Derma in Jumeirah 3, and you will talk with our certified semi-permanent makeup artist and medical aesthetician Olga Lelekova. She has more than ten years of experience in the field and a great portfolio, and she’s helped numerous men and women get back their confidence. Contact us for booking.
Hair loss is a condition with many great solutions – Scalp Micropigmentation is one of them.
Check out if the treatment Scalp Micropigmentation has a promo offer for the month.
Check out also our hair growth treatments.